Tuesday 31 August 2010

Epic Mission Arc Part 1

I had already completed a few of the missions provided by Sister Alitura and decided it might be a good idea to search for a walkthrough guide on the internet. After all I was a long way from home in a strange part of the galaxy and if you screw up in EVE it isn’t very forgiving. I didn’t want to have to replace my Destroyer if I could avoid it. I did have other ships and resources, but these were all back near my starting system (past the 0.5 system security space which I had come to dislike).

The guide I followed was the one by Keith Neilson and you can find it here. One word of warning though, for some unknown reason Part 1 of his guide managed to make my Firefox crash several times, but there was no problem with the rest of the guide. If you encounter the same problem, try Internet Explorer instead as the page displayed fine using that.

The Epic Arc is made up of 49 missions. No, that isn’t a typo, 49 missions…

For the most part the hardest thing about the missions was staying awake when it kept sending me on long trips involving over 10 jumps – this happened frequently. The missions themselves were reasonably easy and my noob ship setup skills didn’t seem to cause too many problems. That is until in one mission, when I tried to warp out to repair only to find that I was warp scrambled and ended up in my pod contemplating what just happened. To be honest at the time I had no idea why I had failed to warp and died. It was only after seeing someone else moan in the rookie help chat channel about the same thing happening to them, that I realised what must have happened to me.

I bought a new Destroyer and outfitted it again. It didn’t cost that much, the Epic Arc provides plenty of cash so I was still about 6 million ISK up overall. I continued working through the missions, albeit a bit more cautiously now. After a few days I was up to mission 47 only a few hours from the conclusion, or so I thought…

No comments:

Post a Comment