Monday 30 August 2010

I'm not looking for trouble

I discovered that the map window can highlight the locations of agents willing to offer you missions and soon I was undertaking missions for agents near my starting area. During some down time, I began to research the Epic Mission Arc that I would attempt at some point. One post in particular that caught my eye, of a player reporting that because they started the Epic Arc so late they had built up faction values which caused them problems.

I didn’t really understand if the missions I was running at the moment would or would not put me in a bad position for the Epic Arc later. I decided it was better to be safe than sorry and set off on the long journey to the Arnon system. The route took me through some sections of space with system security level 0.5, but everything I had read up to that point said that only below 0.5 did things get dangerous.

During my journey, every single time I came out of warp to use the star gates in 0.5 space someone locked on to me... I didn’t get fired on, but this was probably just because I managed to jump to the next system in time. This happened using autopilot and I now only use manual jumping and haven’t had the same problem since. Still, it has given me a bit of a phobia about 0.5 space and my heart skips a beat every time I have to travel through it, which unfortunately is quite often as it is hard to avoid 0.5 space completely no matter where you are headed.

I arrived at Arnon in one piece and started straight away on the Epic Arc missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment