Saturday 2 October 2010

Lessons to be learned

The huge trouble I had with the Kritsan Parthus and Dagan certainly taught me a lot about how weapon type and shield/armor tanking can make a big difference in a fight. My lessons were learnt rather by necessity though, as I was forced to learn to have any chance of killing of these super hard opponents…
 

To celebrate my success I decided to splurge out on better implants and a couple of expensive learning skills books. Up until then I had been trying to resist spending on anything unnecessary, but I felt like in a spending mood. My money went below 100m for the first time.

I received a couple of follow up sister missions, which I was informed about via EVE mail. I’m not sure when these come in, as I hadn’t been checking it, so they may have arrived mid-arc for all I know.

One was a simple courier mission just a few jumps away, but the second was a combat mission over 27 jumps away, back in an area I was in mid-arc. I made the long trek, but it was a real pain and I struggled against boredom on such a long journey.

The mission was over quickly and so I made the 27 (or so) jumps back to Arnon again... I crammed anything useful in to the cargo hold of my Omen and the rest I sold. I had decided long ago that when I finished the arc I would return to the area I started the game in and nothing had made me want to stick around the new areas I had visited.

So off I went on a 20 (odd) jump to get back ‘home’

Landing at my ‘home’ station I dumped my ‘loot’ and took a few days off playing EVE. Doing nothing much else than manually jump for the last few hours had turned my brain to mush. On the plus side a trip to a system 5 or 6 jumps away now seemed quite trivial, something I would have considered a long journey before beginning the epic arc.

No comments:

Post a Comment